Welcome from the President
Welcome to the Nigerian Association of Manitoba Inc., one of the most diverse institutions of cultural diversity in Manitoba. Immediately apparent to visitors is our passion to unite our members and paramount focus has been, and always will be, the success of our members within our community. We are an integral part of our community, our city and our province, and we are partners in economic and social development.
My goal is to foster, promote, and strengthen unity amongst all Nigerians in Manitoba and to uphold NAMI’s mission of bringing together and serving the needs of the Nigerian community in Manitoba; to elevate NAMI as the symbol of unity and progress for the Nigerian community and the African community at large; to champion economic development and cultural advancement of the Nigerian community in Manitoba; to help new immigrants settle and thrive in Manitoba; and to promote active participation and engagement by Nigerians in the political process and good governance in Manitoba.
- President, African Student Association, University of Maryland, USA (2002-03)
- Senator, The University of Maryland Senate, representing Faculty of Life Sciences (2002-03)
- Vice President (Public Relations), Young Professionals Toastmaster Club, Winnipeg (2010-2012)
- Member, Egbe Omo Yoruba Event Planning Committee (2016-17)
- Member, NAMI Event Planning Committee (2016 – present)
- MSc (with Distinction) Public Health & Epidemiology – The University of Brighton, UK (2006)
- BS (Hons) Microbiology – University of Maryland, College Park, USA (2003)
I invite you to explore these pages and discover for yourself the great riches to be found here. Yet the real keys to the MANITOBA experience lie within our community. Speak to our leadership team, and you’ll quickly discover their dedication and passion for helping you grow and thrive. It won’t take long for you to discover what makes our organization so exceptional.
Come join us!
Dayo Ashiru, MSc.