Picture Culled from Umunna Cultural Association of Manitoba
Congratulations to our very own Dr. Edward Onyebuchi, NAMI’s past president and a formidable community leader par excellence on his recent appointment by the Honourable Minister Jeff Wharton.
NAMI is indeed blessed to be associated with you and we wish you the very best now and always.
Do you know Nigerians excelling and doing well in their careers in our community, please let us know and send us email at email@example.com
NAMI appreciates a model that guarantees funds to the scholarship for our youth in perpetuity. We sincerely thank those who have donated, and we also encourage others to do the same. All year round, we encourage people in our community to visit The Winnipeg Foundation website to donate with a minimum of $10 to NAMI Scholarship Fund at the link here to support our community youth education which was inaugurated last year. “Make this donation in celebration, honour or memory of someone.” Thank you! https://www.mycharitytools.com/gift/wpgfdn/donate?fund=1077
Executives of NAMI on May 26th had a virtual visit to the Minister of Culture, Heritage, Tourism and Sport of Manitoba, Andrew Smith to discuss the economical, health and cultural concerns of Nigerians amongst other mattes arising.
If your property was damaged by the spring flood in Manitoba, you may be eligible for Disaster Financial Assistance.
To find out if you’re eligible, visit: Emergency Measures Organization | Province of Manitoba (gov.mb.ca)
Visit website for more details: https://www.gov.mb.ca/emo/dfa/farm.html?s=08
CAM’S LAW OFFICE
With the great weather comes the excitement of spending more time with family and friends outdoor. Tick borne diseases are also common around this time.
The Lyme disease is transmitted to humans through the bite of an infected blacklegged tick. Fever, headache skin rash and fatigue are some of the typical symptoms of the disease.
Learn more on how to prevent and protect yourself from tick-born diseases:
Calvary greetings beloved!
We are having a zoom meeting on Saturday, May 7, 2022, from 4:00P.M Prompt.
Prayer Points for June 4, 2022, PFN (Prayer for Nigeria) Zoom Meeting Time: 4-6 pm.
1. That God will put an end to the epidemic of kidnappings, banditry, and ritual killings in all parts of Nigeria, particularly from the Fulani herdsmen, Okada riders, bandits and ritualists – 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Do you not know that the covetous, nor drunkards nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
2. That God will change the hearts and minds of our youth from engaging in money rituals and get-rich quick scams, 419 and yahoo yahoo, etc.etc. – Jeremiah 17:11; As a partridge that hatches eggs which it has not laid, so is he who makes a fortune, but unjustly. In the midst of his days, it will forsake him, and in the end, he will be a fool
3. That God will grant to Nigeria the Spirit of reconciliation to bring Nigerians back again as one, unite the dissatisfied sections of our country, and restore the unity and peace on which our country was founded – Mathew 12: 22-28, “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation.
4. That God will increase opportunities for gainful employment opportunities for the youth in Nigeria, to prevent them from engaging in criminal activities inimical to the economy of the country – Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it”
5. That God will restore our economic prosperity and destroy the forces that are sabotaging our economic recovery – Isaiah 44:3: “For I will pour water on the thirsty land…”
6. That God will cause the significant reduction of the prices of commodities (fuel, electricity, foodstuffs, equipment’s) in Nigeria, to help the common man, and ensure an adequate supply of commodities to enable the masses to survive. Matthew 6:31: ‘Take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? or, what shall we drink? or, wherewithal 2 shall we be clothed? Philippians 4:19: “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus”
7. That God should destroy the epidemic of nepotism and tribalism in the Nigerian society and ensure that meritocracy and fairness would be the standards on which appointments and promotions will be based, remove the cancer of selfishness and greed in our citizenry, and raise up godly men and women who would hate corruption and follow the will of God in their lives. Romans 2:11: “For there is no respect of persons with God”. Proverbs 16:11: “A just weight and balance are the Lord’s, all the weights of the bag are his work”
8. That God will start a revival over the land of Nigeria with the conviction of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of men, women and children for sin, righteousness, and judgement. Psalm 85:6: “Wilt thou do not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee”?
Meeting ID: 903 677 0162
Email address for interac donations to the PFN:
CINEMATOBA is a new filmmaking initiative for five Manitobans to share stories of local generosity. The program provides funding and filmmaking support for the creation of five original stories about the province.
This is a unique media production and mentorship opportunity for any Manitoban, aged 18 and over, regardless of filmmaking experience level. There is no cost to apply.
Each participant will receive a $10,000 cash award from The Winnipeg Foundation to produce a short film based on their story idea.
For more information- https://nsi-canada.ca/programs/cinematoba/
Did you know Tobacco kills more than 8 million people every year & is highly addictive?
The Manitoba government has partnered with pharmacists across the province to help YOU as you make the decision to quit smoking.
All the needed information can be found here: Quit Smoking With Your Manitoba Pharmacist (quitsmokingmb.ca)
Your vision benefits with great deals on premium frames, lenses and contacts. We direct bill most insurance plans, plus get rewarded with Air Miles Reward Miles on every purchase.
Book your eye exam or visit us in store today! Send us email: firstname.lastname@example.org Call us: 204-421-8080. Visit our website: www.cresteyecare.com Our location: Unit #9 – 1500, Regent Avenue West, Winnipeg. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @cresteyecare. Book your eye exam or visit us in store today!
Folklorama returns this year to bring together communities from around the world. Africa Pavilion will run from August 7th – 13th, 2022.
ACOMI is excited to host the Africa Pavilion and they are calling on all performers, volunteers, vendors, and guests to contribute in making this year’s run a great one. Please find attached the form for any of our community members who are interested in selling African souvenirs
Register to express interest in performing https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSctgbNMRU4tmh3kgVUu4t_yHRoDS6JVPIPPuEyvvSHsl1BStw/viewform
The Salvation Army is offering a 6-week in-class with the following 300 hours of work placement training for refugee youth.
Click below to learn more: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJEX0uDdHrrecx1TEdhMe4QZ63VEGdPVjgAp1diVdMBxG9mQ/viewform
Our next session starts on June 6, 2022.
Life Employability & Enhancement Program (LEEP), a program at the Barbara Mitchell Family Resource Centre, continues to offer 6-week in-class with the following 300 hours of work placement training for refugee youth. Fill out this intake form to register for the next session that starts on June 6, 2022.
SEED Winnipeg is offering a two-part workshop will offer information and the opportunity to ask questions about doing business in Canada.
- Government role in business
• Canadian workplace standards
• Taxes in Canada
• Canadian business culture
The workshop will be in TWO parts:
Part 1: June 14, 2022 • 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Part 2: June 16, 2022 • 6:00-8:00 p.m.
You must attend Part 1 to attend Part 2. By filling out the form below, you will be registered for both parts.
For more info and registration Register – SEED Winnipeg
Immigrant Women Exploring Business
Immigrant Women Exploring Business is an 8-week business training and consulting program available to Immigrant women in Manitoba living on a low-income who have a business idea.
Training runs from May 4- June 24, 2022 (Mon, Wed, and Fri 6-8 pm).
To apply for the program, you must attend one information session.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED to attend an Information Session. To register, visit our website via this link: https://seedwinnipeg.ca/programs/sessions
Follow Gifted Fingers International Limited on Instagram and Facebook and share 5 different post on the page o your network and stand a chance to win 10% off items purchased in store.
Gifted fingers international limited – Your African Caribbean community food store.
Specializing in all ethnic foods and beauty supplies Butchering, meats, chicken, fish, goat with skin on, so many seafood.
Shop at gifted fingers today for African, Caribbean, Asian, East Indian, groceries, all types of human hair extensions, all types of braids, cosmetic products, Diverse African Caribbean inspired ready made fabrics, African wedding accessories, Italian gold accessories, bags, shoes, bridal makeovers and many more at affordable and reasonable prices for all nationalities,
Walk into the ”one-shop-stop” today and experience great discounts on all grocery, fabric, hair, beauty products and many more.
- 1006 Nairn avenue Winnipeg Manitoba
Phone number: 2043060101
- Unit 4 – 955 saint Mary’s road, Winnipeg, Manitoba and we’re open 9am to 8pm from Monday to Saturday
”Great customer service experience Where your satisfaction is guaranteed”!
For more details, visit www.giftedfingers or follow us on Instagram and Facebook at giftedfingersinternational
The next intake starts June 20, sign up today!
Details in banner above.
For more information on the Program, do reach Dan at email@example.com or 204-982-1720 ext 211
@Home Virtual After-School Program
For the rest of the school year the E@Home Virtual After School Program is open to anyone aged 6-12 living in the West Central Community (From Portage Ave – Notre Dame Ave and Balmoral St – Wall St).
For more information, click here to visit their website.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manitoba Start is offering several webinars. For more details and the full events calendar, please visit their website.
- Qualifications Recognition for Nurses – June 3
- Interview Skills Workshop – June 3, 10, 17 and 24
- LinkedIn for Networking and Job Searching – June 10
In partnership with Immigration Partnership Winnipeg (IPW), Ethnocultural Council of Manitoba (ECCM), the City of Winnipeg and some Winnipeg Settlement Agencies, MANSO is pleased to invite ALL Families, Newcomers, Community Organizations and Business Communities to come and join us in welcoming our newcomers and celebrating the Annual Multicultural Day event.
DATE: June 26th, 2022
TIME: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
VENUE: Freight House Field – 200 Isabel Street, Winnipeg R3A 1G9
If your settlement organization is interested in participating in the event by hosting an information table, please let us know. Please share this poster with your clients and staff and communities and families as we hope to welcome you all on June 26th.
Participate in the ongoing research on the important issue of African immigrant women’s healthcare experiences in Manitoba. More details are in the banner above.
FOOD FOR ALL PROGRAM
If food security is an issue, “Food for all Program” is a Food supply for all season. An initiative of C.A.C Rehoboth Christain Centre in partnership with Peace Wholeness Centre. See poster for details and more contact information or visit websites below. Thank you! www.peacewholenesscentre.com
GET THE ATTENTION YOU NEED TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IN OUR COMMUNITY & BEYOND. OUR ADVERT RATES ARE VERY LOW AND CONSIDERABLE.
Please click here to advertise with us with good rates and fantastic offers to promote your business, products, and services on our website and social media platforms. For more information please contact us via email: email@example.com
- Website Advert Rate: $300/annually
- Monthly Advert Rate: $40/monthly
- Weekly Community Update Promos: $25/week
- Weekly Newsletter: $25/week
Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all events and weekly community updates. As always, thanks to everyone for continuing to help build community unity and prosperity.
Have a nice week!
Our next newsletter will be out on June 6, 2022, kindly submit news information for our community inclusion by June 2, 2022 to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share this newsletter with a friend?