For more details and ticket, visit: https://folklorama.ca/festival/admission-options/
NIGERIA ASSOCIATION OF MANITOBA (NAMI) SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
NAMI has established an endowment fund with the Winnipeg Foundation to support exceptional in-course students enrolled in Manitoba post-secondary institutions. Each of these scholarships will be offered to a student who:
- Is a Nigerian citizen that legally lives in Manitoba within the award period;
- Is enrolled at a Manitoba post-secondary institution in any field of study;
- Is an active member of NAMI and/or its affiliated organization(s);
- Has achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of0 out of 4.5 for university/ college students and 70% minimum cut-off mark for high school students;
- Has not received the award within 1 year prior to the application.
- Not dependent on applicant’s financial need.
Application process is as follows:
- All students who meet the above prerequisites can apply;
- All applications will be considered based on academic performance and active membership in NAMI and/or its affiliates;
- All applicants shall submit academic reports or transcripts to verify academic performance;
- All applicants shall submit a brief biographical essay outlining their community active involvement in community development related activities and contribution to NAMI and/or its affiliates;
- Short-listed candidates will, if necessary, be interviewed by member(s) of the scholarship committee;
- The decision(s) by the committee shall be final and not subject to an appeal;
- Member(s) of NAMI Executive committee may meet with selected awardee(s) prior to receiving the award ceremony.
Interested applicants should forward their application package as an email attachment to the following address by 11:59pm of Tuesday September 6, 2022: email@example.com
Let’s Continue To Support Nami Scholarhip Fund, Thank You!
NAMI appreciates a model that guarantees funds to the scholarship for our youth in perpetuity. We sincerely thank those who have donated, and we also encourage others to do the same. All year round, we encourage people in our community to visit The Winnipeg Foundation website to donate with a minimum of $10 to NAMI Scholarship Fund at the link here to support our community youth education which was inaugurated last year. “Make this donation in celebration, honour or memory of someone.” Thank you! https://www.mycharitytools.com/gift/wpgfdn/donate?fund=1077
SEED Winnipeg’s Recognition Counts free information session is scheduled for August 16th at 2 pm or August 25th at 6 pm.
Topics will include:
- Information on Recognition Counts loans.
- Stories of newcomers who have been successful in getting back to their careers.
- Valuable resources on Canadian workplace cultures and integration
- Tips to achieve financial stability as a newcomer.
Registration Link: Recognition Counts Webinars – August 16 & 25 – SEED Winnipeg
Immigration Advisory Council town hall meeting next stop is in Winnipeg South on August 10th at 6pm at Winnipeg Grand Mosque 2445 Street Waverley.
Please join Hon Jon Reyes and MPNP team to review solutions and suggestions to immigration issues in Manitoba.
Thanks as you plan to attend.
For more information, visit: https://winnipeg.ca/cms/recreation/leisure/feesubsidy.stm
Initiated by The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce and Immigration Partnership Winnipeg The Newcomer Employment Hub (the Hub) brings together the business community and Manitoba newcomer community to work together to address the biggest challenge for businesses today: talent recruitment and retention.
The Hub is an innovative online job tool that creates quality job matches between newcomer job seekers and Manitoba employers.
The Hub’s smart AI technology provides employers with top newcomer candidates that best match their job description and needs.
Through the Newcomer Employment Hub, newcomer jobseekers are matched with employers committed to inclusive workplace practices.
What is CDAP?
The Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP), by the Government of Canada, helps small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) adopt digital technologies to increase their competitiveness. Eligible businesses will receive a grant2 to build their digital plan, followed by a 0% loan of up to $100,0001 to implement it.
Redefining Wellness in the New World of Work!
Tap into the power of a whole system for inclusive wellness to enrich work and life!
* Inspire commitment to wellness at work
* Create a diverse inclusive wellness strategy
* Get in line with a global wellness practice
* Maintain wellness at work for your hybrid and remote team
* Build momentum for your in-house wellness initiative
More about the Summit at: Wellness Summit – Global Workplace Wellness Community of Practice
The Ethnocultural Council of Manitoba is hiring a Project Coordinator for the Project – Healthy, Safe and Violence Free Relationship.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Start Date: August 15th 2022
End Date: March 30, 2024.
Full Time: It is a 35 hour per week position with some expectations to work on the weekend and evening
Salary: Annual salary ranges $50,000 to $ 55,000 inclusive of benefits, dependent upon qualifications.
Project Title: Healthy, Safe and Violence Free Relationship
Closing Date for the application: July 28th, 2022. at 5:00 pm.
CAM’S LAW OFFICE
FOOD FOR ALL PROGRAM
If food security is an issue, “Food for all Program” is a Food supply for all season. An initiative of C.A.C Rehoboth Christain Centre in partnership with Peace Wholeness Centre. See poster for details and more contact information or visit websites below. Thank you! www.peacewholenesscentre.com
Book a new patient exam and cleaning and receive a $50 Tim Horton’s gift card, an electric toothbrush or teeth whitening kit*
We are growing, and we are so excited to add amazing patients to our family dental practice
Looking forward to meeting you
*while supplies last
Your vision benefits with great deals on premium frames, lenses and contacts. We direct bill most insurance plans, plus get rewarded with Air Miles Reward Miles on every purchase.
Book your eye exam or visit us in store today! Send us email: firstname.lastname@example.org Call us: 204-421-8080. Visit our website: www.cresteyecare.com Our location: Unit #9 – 1500, Regent Avenue West, Winnipeg. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @cresteyecare. Book your eye exam or visit us in store today!
Gemini Medical Clinic is a new family oriented medical clinic located at 735 Pembina Highway Winnipeg. Our primary objective is to help patients achieve their health goals by providing quality medical care. We are a team of 4 family physicians with immediate plans to include specialist care. Our providers include Drs’ Ify Osagie, Ral Koko, Alastair Sequeira and Taiwo Sonoiki. We provide a range of services including general/family practice, women’s health, child health, whole health and wellness, addictions medicine, minor surgical procedures etc.
We also provide non-insured services like filling out forms, disability applications, medical notes and many more.
We are open to the public July 4, 2022 and accepting new patients.
Gifted fingers international limited – Your African Caribbean community food store.
Specializing in all ethnic foods and beauty supplies Butchering, meats, chicken, fish, goat with skin on, so many seafood.
Shop at gifted fingers today for African, Caribbean, Asian, East Indian, groceries, all types of human hair extensions, all types of braids, cosmetic products, Diverse African Caribbean inspired ready made fabrics, african wedding accessories, Italian gold accessories, bags, shoes, bridal makeovers and many more at affordable and reasonable prices for all nationalities,
Walk into the ”one-shop-stop” today and experience great discounts on all grocery, fabric, hair, beauty products and many more.
- 1006 Nairn avenue Winnipeg Manitoba
Phone number 2043060101
- Unit 4 – 955 saint Mary’s road, Winnipeg, Manitoba and we’re open 9am to 8pm from Monday to Saturday
”Great customer service experience
Where your satisfaction is guaranteed”!
For more details, visit www.giftedfingers or follow us on Instagram and Facebook at giftedfingersinternational
GET THE ATTENTION YOU NEED TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IN OUR COMMUNITY & BEYOND. OUR ADVERT RATES ARE VERY LOW AND CONSIDERABLE.
Please click here to advertise with us with good rates and fantastic offers to promote your business, products, and services on our website and social media platforms. For more information please contact us via email: email@example.com
- Website Advert Rate: $300/annually
- Monthly Advert Rate: $40/monthly
- Weekly Community Update Promos: $25/week
- Weekly Newsletter: $25/week
Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all events and weekly community updates. As always, thanks to everyone for continuing to help build community unity and prosperity.
Have a nice week!
Our next newsletter will be out on August 8th, 2022, kindly submit news information for our community inclusion by August 4th, 2022 to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share this newsletter with a friend